Sat, Jul 04|
15th Street Northwest & I Street Northwe
4th of July Freedom For All March
Time & Location
Jul 04, 2020, 4:00 PM EDT
15th Street Northwest & I Street Northwe, 15th St NW & I St NW, Washington, DC 20006, USA
About the event
2:00 pm Meet Up – Volunteers needed to hand out flyers and spread the word to rally more to join us.
4:00 pm Meet Up – Meet at the McPherson Square Metro (Corner of I St, 15th St, and Vermont Ave)
4:15 pm – Step off to BLM Plaza marching to the WH ellipse and around Trump's Salute to America Rally
When the founders of this country signed the declaration of independence 244 years ago, our nation became committed to the greatest hypocrisy of all mankind. The founding truths we hold to be self-evident, that all men are created equal and endowed with certain unalienable rights, has never been realized by all citizens. Contrary to what we are taught, Juneteenth is Freedom Day and Independence Day has little relevance to many underprivilegedAmericans. The founders knowingly burdened future generations to undue the duplicity that a nation that did not acknowledge the rights of all genders and supported by slavery both domestically and internationally through violent colonial genocide has never been truly free. It is with this burden in mind that we continue to serve the principle that America stands for freedom and justice for all by demonstrating on the streets so that it may someday be so.
When we, the children of foreign wars for imperialism, signed on the dotted line and proclaimed our oath to support and defend the constitution, we envisioned an America where that constitution served and represented all. However, history and our lived reality tells a different story entirely. Despite being deceived, we have earned skills, experience, and leadership to right the wrongs of systemic racism that perverts all our institutions. Through knowledge of our history and fidelity to our oath, this July 4th 2020 we will demonstrate that:
1. Veterans, family, agency employees, and allies will stand with Black Lives to deconstruct systemic racism. We are informed that it was only through the efforts of black Americans elected to representation during the reconstruction era that the 14thand 15th amendments of the constitution granted birthright citizenship, equal administration of justice, and voting rights to all American males. This was the first victory in our constitution serving more than the white male land owning gentry reflective of the signers of the Declaration of Independence. In this American tradition we will fill the ranks to support black-led movements to right the hypocrisy of our founding.
2. As our oath was to support and defend the constitution from all enemies foreign and domestic, we will stand for the demilitarization of the police and other agencies that brutalize, violate, and extract public resources from the citizens they are sworn to protect.
3. We will stand in solidarity to represent our siblings still in service that are ordered against their will to demonstrate US imperial military might at home as a means of antagonizing citizens exercising their rights in an effort to “dominate and conquer” our historic fight for civil rights and social justice.
4. An end to the forever wars so that our communities can end the investment in foreign death and destruction and begin investing in an equitable and justiciable futures for our children.
5. A celebration of the solidarity and community built in the domestic fight for freedom that American citizens for civil rights have engaged in since our founding to include: all people of color, immigrants, abolitionists, unionists, suffragists, feminists, LGBTQ+, religious minorities, and all other freedom fighters that grace the pages of the untold history of the United States.
Safety and security are always our number one priority, and we are respective of the fact that many among our ranks are government employees and contractors sensitive to security clearance requirements. Our demonstration will remain peaceful and any attempts to incite chaos of any sort will not be tolerated.
We hope to see you at the McPherson Square Metro at 4PM on July 4th 2020. As the events of this day are constantly evolving we recommend you RSVP in order to receive all evolutions of this demonstration.